Earn your premium reduction
Well is the new place to earn your annual premium reduction, replacing Vitality, and you can get started today. Well is the health app that guides you towards your health goals and rewards you for every step you take. Points and pop-up gift card challenges will keep you motivated throughout the year. Your health should be rewarded. Don't miss out!
To earn your 2025 premium reduction, rack up 6,000 points by September 30, 2024 on the Well app and visit your primary care provider between October 1, 2023 and September 30, 2024. It’s just that easy!
Ready, Set, Launch
Don’t miss out on great launch promotions. Earn 500 bonus points and get 10% of your Vitality points transferred over just for signing up!
Participate in ongoing offers and challenges to earn bonus points and entries for chances to win gift cards. Work on building healthy habits by starting and completing a Well Journey on a health topic of your choice.
Well Guides are here to lend a real, human helping hand when you need assistance. Need to learn more about your UNC Health benefits? Ask a Well Guide. Need a new provider? They can help with that too.
What is Well?
Starting January 3, 2024, Well is replacing Vitality as the new place for benefit-eligible teammates employed by NC Health to earn an annual premium reduction.
Well is a health and wellness partner that gives you access to personalized health suggestions right on your smartphone. Well offers a user-friendly app, along with live support from Well Guides, to help you achieve your health and wellness goals. You’ll receive personalized suggestions every day while earning points toward your premium reduction.
Well, designed by clinical experts as a daily health resource, provides tailored suggestions for mind and body wellness that can help you improve your physical and emotional health. Well can help you:
- Find a new primary care provider
- Understand and make the most of benefits already available to you
- Set a sleep or nutrition goal
- Manage stress
- Make the most of benefits available to you
- And so much more!
What about my annual premium reduction?
The value of the annual premium reduction you can earn has not changed. Teammates can earn a $450 premium reduction for 2025 for a teammate-only plan and a $900 premium reduction for a family plan.
To earn your premium reduction with Well for 2025:
- Download Well and create an account (learn how below)
- Complete your primary care visit between October 1, 2023 and September 30, 2024
- Earn 6,000 points by September 30, 2024 by engaging regularly with Well content and participating in offers and challenges
How do I earn points?
There are many ways to earn points every day with Well. You’ll earn points by completing actions in the app such as one-time suggestions, get-to-know you questions, and multi-day healthy habit building journeys on specific health topics of your choice.
First, when you create your Well account, you’ll automatically receive 500 points plus 10% of your Vitality point total earned from October 1, 2022 to September 30, 2023.
As you start using the Well app, you’ll find you can earn points in just seconds every day you log in. Well offers a variety of features to support and educate you wherever you are on your wellness path. You’ll earn points through the following actions:
- Complete the Getting Started Action to learn how to use Well and answer quick and easy questions about your health goals and needs (so Well can personalize your experience).
- Use Check ins every day to track activity, mood, sleep, blood pressure, or stress – track multiple Check ins and earn even more points.
- Answer the Question of the Day to further personalize the content Well offers you.
- Complete 7-, 14-, or 21-day Well journeys to guide you towards healthy habits, offered on hundreds of health topics, and personalized to your interests.
- Check off health “to dos”, such as getting a flu shot or keeping your prescriptions up to date.
- Be on the lookout for special offers and opportunities to earn point bursts throughout the year! You’ll receive these offers via email, so keep an eye on your inbox each week.
Is this for all UNC Health employees?
At this time, Well is available only to benefit-enrolled teammates (and their dependents 18+) and benefit-eligible teammates employed by NC Health at the following locations
- UNC Physicians Network
- UNC Health Rex
- Rex Holly Springs Hospital
- UNC Health Chatham
- UNC Health Caldwell
- UNC Health Rockingham
- UNC Health Johnston
- UNC Health Shared Services/Health Alliance
How do I sign up?
Getting started with Well is easy:
- Search for “Well Digital” in the Apple app store or Google Play to find Well in your app store. Download the Well app to your personal phone.
- Once you download and open the app, activate a new Well account with the following:
- UNC Health email address
- Personal mobile phone number
- Date of birth
- Note: you’ll need to use your work email address to create your account, but you may change to a personal email address if you prefer after you sign up (under Profile > Settings).